Synthesis and Characterization of Some Metal Complexes Derived from Azo Ligand of 4,4' Methylenedianiline and Resorcinol
The metal complexes of Azo dye; 4,4'-((methylene bis(3,l-phenylen)) bis (diazene-l,2-diyl)) bis(1,3-Benzenediol) are produced from 4,4`- methylenedianiline and Resorcinol were synthesized and characterized by using several analytical and spectral techniques. The ligand and its complexes were characterized by many chemo-physic methods like NMR, IR, UV-Vis, molar conductance measurement, analytical measurement, and melting point. The conditions of optimal reaction (for instance reagent concentration, pH etc) were studied and the analytical figures of merit such as limit of detection, linearity, sensitivity etc) were obtained.
- Abdallah, S. M. (2012). Metal complexes of azo compounds derived from 4-acetamidophenol and substituted aniline. Arabian Journal of Chemistry, 5(2), 251-256. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arabjc.2010.08.019
- AbouEl-Enein, S. (2008). Polymeric and sandwich Schiff’s bases complexes derived from 4, 4′-methylenedianiline: characterization and thermal investigation. Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorim-etry, 91(3), 929-936. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10973-006-8281-z
- Abouel‐Enein, S. A., Emam, S. M., & Monir, E. (2018). Coordination modes of multidentate azodye ligand derived from 4, 4′‐methylenedianiline towards some transition metal ions: Synthesis, spectral characterization, thermal investigation and biological activity. Applied Organometallic Chemistry, 32(3), e4191. https://doi.org/10.1002/aoc.4191
- AbouEl-Enein, S. A., Emam, S. M., Polis, M. W., & Emara, E. M. (2015). Synthesis and characterization of some metal complexes derived from azo compound of 4, 4′-methylenedianiline and antipyrine: evaluation of their biological activity on some land snail species. Journal of Molecular Structure, 1099, 567-578. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molstruc.2015.06.072
- Adnan, S. (2020). Synthesis, Spectral Characterization And Anticancer Studies of Novel Azo Schiff Base And its Complexes with Ag (I), Au (lll) And Pt (lV) ions. Egyptian Journal of Chemistry, 63(12), 4749-4756. https://dx.doi.org/10.21608/ejchem.2020.23312.2438
- AL-Adilee, K. J., Abass, A. K., & Taher, A. M. (2016). Synthesis of some transition metal complexes with new heterocyclic thiazolyl azo dye and their uses as sensitizers in photo reactions. Journal of Molecular Struc-ture, 1108, 378-397. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molstruc.2015.11.038
- Ali, I., Wani, W. A., & Saleem, K. (2013). Empirical formulae to molecular structures of metal complexes by molar conductance. Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorganic, Metal-Organic, and Nano-Metal Chemistry, 43(9), 1162-1170. https://doi.org/10.1080/15533174.2012.756898
- Anitha, C., Sheela, C. D., Tharmaraj, P., & Hema, V. V. (2013). Synthesis, Spectroscopic Characterization, and Biological Activities of Metal Complexes of 4-((4-Chlorophenyl) diazenyl)-2-((p-tolylimino) methyl) phe-nol. Journal of Chemistry, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1155/2013/724163
- Ayoob, M. M., Hawaiz, F. E., Hussein, A., Samad, M. K., Hussain, F., & Mohamed, S. K. (2020). Synthesis, Spectroscopic Investigation, Anti-Bacterial and Antioxidant Activites of Some New Azo-Benzofuran Deriva-tives. Egyptian Journal of Chemistry, 63(7), 2617-2629. https://dx.doi.org/10.21608/ejchem.2019.14844.1899
- Brunet, C., Aubin, S., Gagné, S., West, R., & Lesage, J. (2018). Development of a method for extraction and determination of 4, 4′-methylenedianiline in soils by solid-phase extraction and UPLC-MS-MS. Journal of Liquid Chromatography & Related Technologies, 41(15-16), 919-926. https://doi.org/10.1080/10826076.2018.1539673
- Dakiky, M., & Nemcova, I. (2000). Aggregation of o, o′-Dihydroxy azo Dyes III. Effect of cationic, anionic and non-ionic surfactants on the electronic spectra of 2-hydroxy-5-nitrophenylazo-4-[3-methyl-1-(4 ″-sulfophenyl)-5-pyrazolone]. Dyes and pigments, 44(3), 181-193. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0143-7208(99)00086-8
- Dinçalp, H., Toker, F., Durucasu, İ., Avcıbaşı, N., & Icli, S. (2007). New thiophene-based azo ligands containing azo methine group in the main chain for the determination of copper (II) ions. Dyes and Pigments, 75(1), 11-24. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dyepig.2006.05.015
- Emam, S. M. (2017). Spectral characterization, thermal and biological activity studies of Schiff base complexes derived from 4, 4′-Methylenedianiline, ethanol amine and benzil. Journal of Molecular Structure, 1134, 444-457. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molstruc.2016.12.071
- Gup, R., Giziroglu, E., & Kırkan, B. (2007). Synthesis and spectroscopic properties of new azo-dyes and azo-metal complexes derived from barbituric acid and aminoquinoline. Dyes and pigments, 73(1), 40-46. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dyepig.2005.10.005
- Irving, H. M. N. H., & Williams, R. (1953). 637. The stability of transition-metal complexes. Journal of the Chemical Society (Resumed), 3192-3210. https://doi.org/10.1039/JR9530003192
- Islam, F., Hossain, M., Shah, N. M., Barua, H. T., Kabir, M., Khan, M. J., & Mullick, R. (2015). Synthesis, characterization, and antimicrobial activity studies of Ni (II) complex with pyridine as a ligand. Journal of Chemistry, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1155/2015/525239
- Kadhium, A. J., Abdulmahdi, B. S., & Ali, F. J. (2021). Preparation, Determination and Study Toxicity Effects of new Mixed ligands Complexes Derivative from 8-Hydroxy Quinoline with Pd (II). Egyptian Journal of Chemistry, 64(9), 1-2. https://dx.doi.org/10.21608/ejchem.2021.73861.3652
- Karipcin, F., & Kabalcilar, E. (2007). Spectroscopic and Thermal Studies on Solid Complexes of 4-(2-pyridylazo) resorcinol with Some Transition Metals. Acta Chimica Slovenica, 54(2).
- Karmakar, A., Bandyopadhyay, P., Banerjee, S., Mandal, N. C., & Singh, B. (2020). Synthesis, spectroscopic, theoretical and antimicrobial studies on molecular charge-transfer complex of 4-(2-thiazolylazo) resorcinol (TAR) with 3, 5-dinitrosalicylic acid, picric acid, and chloranilic acid. Journal of Molecular Liquids, 299, 112217. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molliq.2019.112217
- Khudair, Z. J., Khawla, K. J., & Seewan, A. N. (2021, May). Synthesis, Theoretical Treatment and Investigation of Adsorption of 4, 4’-((1E, 1’E)-(Methylenebis (4, 1-phenylene)) bis (diazene-2, 1-diyl)) bis (naphthalen-1-ol) on Olive Peel. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series (Vol. 1879, No. 2, p. 022058). IOP Publishing. https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/1879/2/022058
- Liu, Y. T., Lian, G. D., Yin, D. W., & Su, B. J. (2013). Synthesis, characterization and biological activity of fer-rocene-based Schiff base ligands and their metal (II) complexes. Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, 100, 131-137. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.saa.2012.03.049
- Mallikarjuna, N. M., & Keshavayya, J. (2020). Synthesis, spectroscopic characterization and pharmacological studies on novel sulfamethaxazole based azo dyes. Journal of King Saud University-Science, 32(1), 251-259. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jksus.2018.04.033
- Naseem, H. A., Aziz, T., Ahmad, K., Parveen, S., & Ashfaq, M. (2021). Rational synthesis and characterization of medicinal phenyl diazenyl-3-hydroxy-1h-inden-1-one azo derivatives and their metal complexes. Journal of molecular structure, 1227, 129574. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molstruc.2020.129574
- Pavia, D. L., Lampman, G. M., Kriz, G. S., & Vyvyan, J. A. (2014). Introduction to spectroscopy. Cengage learning.
- Reddy, C. S., Rao, D. C., Yakub, V., & Nagaraj, A. (2011). Synthesis of Some Novel Bis [1, 2, 4] triazolo [3, 4-b][1, 3, 4] thiadiazine Derivatives for Antimicrobial Evaluation. Acta Chimica Slovenica, 58(3), 582-589.
- Saad, F. A., El-Ghamry, H. A., Kassem, M. A., & Khedr, A. M. (2019). Nano-synthesis, Biological Efficiency and DNA binding affinity of new homo-binuclear metal complexes with sulfa azo dye based ligand for further pharmaceutical applications. Journal of Inorganic and Organometallic Polymers and Materials, 29(4), 1337-1348. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10904-019-01098-z
- Tapabashi, N. O., Taha, N. I., & El-Subeyhi, M. (2021). Design, Microwave Assisted Synthesis of Some Schiff Bases Derivatives of Congo Red and Conventional Preparation of Their Structurally Reversed Analogous Compounds. International Journal of Organic Chemistry, 11(01), 35. http://www.scirp.org/journal/Paperabs.aspx?PaperID=107625
- Vidya, V. G., Sadasivan, V., Meena, S. S., & Bhatt, P. (2018). Synthesis, spectral and biological studies of complexes with bidentate azodye ligand derived from resorcinol and 1-amino-2-naphthol-4-sulphonic ac-id. Oriental Journal of Chemistry, 34(1), 45. http://dx.doi.org/10.13005/ojc/340105
Keywords: Resorcinol, spectral methods, 4,4ʹ-methylenedianiline, Azodye